Border Bank MasterCard ® Debit Card
The Border Bank MasterCard® Debit Card offers a more convenient way for you to make your purchases. Your MasterCard Debit Card is accepted globally for hassle free purchases. Plus, a Border Bank MasterCard® Debit Card can be used at ATM's providing the cash you need. Best of all, there's no annual fee!
Here are just some of the benefits:
- It can be used at thousands of ATM's worldwide for convenient access to cash and NO FEE ATM* transactions when using the MoneyPass Network.
- Use it instead of checks for purchases.
- Our MasterCard Debit Card is accepted at wholesale clubs, like Costco.
- MasterCard ID Theft Alerts: http://www.mastercard.us/idtheftprotection
- Numerous purchase protection benefits: Enhanced MasterCard and Business MasterCard
- It's cash, not credit. Funds are withdrawn from your checking account.
- No more running out of checks, forgetting your checkbook or needing multiple forms of ID.
Lost or Stolen ATM/Debit Card
If your debit card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to your local Border Bank branch or customer service at 218-528-4255 . To report a lost or stolen card after hours, call 800-472-3272 and also report it to Border Bank.
To activate your. card and/or change your PIN call 800-992-3808.
Debit Card FAQ’s
My new debit card is MasterCard. Is there a difference between MasterCard and Visa?
- Both MasterCard and Visa are brand names for global payment technology companies. MasterCard is accepted at over 36 million merchants. It operates the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in over 210 countries and territories.
- Guide to Benefits for the Enhanced MasterCard debit card
- Guide to Benefits for the Business MasterCard debit card
What is a Chip Card?
- A chip card (also called EMV card) has a chip embedded on the card front and a traditional magnetic stripe on the back.
- The chip provides greater global acceptance as well as added security when used at a terminal (or ATM) that is chip enabled.
What does EMV stand for?
- EMV stands for EuroPay, MasterCard, Visa. These are the three companies that originally created the EMV (chip) standard.
What information is stored in the chip?
- The chip contains information used to process your transaction in an encrypted format. No personal information or location tracking is stored in the chip.
How do you use the chip card?
When using a terminal -- Point of Sale (POS) or ATM -- that is chip enabled:
- With the chip facing up, insert the card, chip side first into the terminal where indicated. This is typically at the bottom of the merchant’s POS machine.
- Follow the prompts on the terminal screen. Enter your PIN if necessary.
- Leave the card in the terminal until you hear the beep or see a message instructing you to remove your card. Don’t leave your card behind.
Do I have to use a chip enabled machine? What if the merchant (or ATM) doesn’t have a chip terminal?
- When using a chip enabled terminal, you will likely be required to use the chip reader. For your own protection and security, it is recommended to use a chip terminal whenever available.
- If the terminal or ATM is not chip enabled, you can use the magnetic stripe on the card and swipe the card for the transaction.
- Merchants card machines may vary. Some machines may request your pin, others may require signature.
Will I be asked to enter a PIN?
- You can either choose the option to sign for the transaction, or you can use the PIN number you selected when activating your card. Both options will work to authorize your debit card transaction.
Will I be able to use the Chip Card for online or telephone payments?
- Yes, the chip card will work the same as a standard (non–EMV) card for telephone or online (computer) transactions.
Our ATM (automated teller machine) card gives you a fast and convenient way to get cash in town, across the country and around the world. They also offer access to cash 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.