HOW DOES BORDER BANK PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information and we limit access to information to those employees for whom access is appropriate.
HOW DOES BORDER BANK COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or apply for a loan
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Use your credit or debit card
- Seek advice about your investments
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
WHY CAN'T I LIMIT ALL SHARING?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates/everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.